For all you dog-lovers out there, today is National Dog Day!
Here at Fotostrap, we love all pets...but we especially love our tail wagging four-legged friends! Pictured above is a photo from our founder, Katie Norris, with her wedding day gear essentials and her big Golden Retriever Dutch.
In honor of National Dog Day, we would like to point you to some tips on how you can celebrate this holiday.
1. Adopt a dog from your local shelter or pure breed rescue organization.
2. Volunteer at your local shelter and offer to walk a dog or play with a dog, clean cages or anything else they need help with.
3. Have a National Dog Day party and invite all your friends and their dogs!
4. Buy your dog a fun new dog toy...or two...or five.
5. Hire a professional photographer for a fun photo shoot with your dog.
6. Teach your dog a new trick.
7. Buy your dog a fashionable collar and leash.
8. Write your Congressman and ask that he/she support the ban of Puppy Mills and Gas Chambers in your state.
9. Give your dog some fun exercise by taking him or her to a dog park.
10. Give your dog a good belly rub!
Want to learn more about National Dog Day? Take a look at this website to learn more about National Dog Day and why it was established 11 years ago. (Most ideas to celebrate sourced from their website!)
Love taking photos of your furry friend? Take them in style by wearing a Fotostrap! Shop for your favorite style at www.fotostrap.com.